Browse the Many Things to do in Kauai
Sheraton Kauai Resort - Location & Local Area
Nestled on the best location in sunny Poipu, Sheraton Kauai Resort is just 30 minutes from Lihue Airport. Nearby shopping, golf and activities make this the perfect location to enjoy the unique south shore of Kauai.
Sightseeing on Kauai is a must, not only to experience the spectacular scenic beauty, but also for the adventure and fun in traveling to each attraction - on horseback, by catamaran or raft, by kayak or helicopter, bicycle or on foot to name just a few.
The resort's Tour and Activity Desk is the best resource for activity information; you can make reservations and other arrangements from guided tours to qualified instruction, rental equipment, picnic lunches and of course, directions on how to get there.
- Lihue Airport
- Princeville Airport
- Daniel K. Inouye Kilauea Point Lighthouse
- Hanalei Bay
- Manawaiopuna Falls (Jurassic Park Falls)
- Opaekaa Falls
- Wailua Falls
- Waimea Canyon
- Alekoko, Menehune Fishpond
- Hanapepe Town
- Limahuli Garden
- Na Pali Coast
- Poipu Beach Park
- Spouting Horn
- Zip Line
- Kauai Museum
- Wai'oli Hui'ia Church
How To Get Here
Kauai, Hawaii Attractions
- Left Left's - 0.2 miles
- Moir Gardens - 0.2 miles
- Poipu Shopping Village - 1 mile
- Spouting Horn - 2 miles
- Historic Old Koloa Town - 2 miles
- Old Sugar Mill of Koloa - 2.4 miles
- National Tropical Botanical Gardens - 6 miles
- Kauai Plantation Railway - 11.1 miles
- Helicopter Rides (Inter Island) - 12 miles
- Hanapepe Swinging Bridge - 12.2 miles
- Fern Grotto - 15 miles
- Russian Fort Elizabeth - 17.9 miles
- Waimea Swinging Bridge - 18.1 miles
- Opaekaa Falls - 20 miles
- Waimea Canyon - 25 miles
- Kilauea Lighthouse - 34 miles
Visitors to the "Garden Isle" arrive via Lihue Airport (LIH), which is located along the southeast coast of Kauai. This airport is serviced by both local and mainland flights; the primary interisland carrier is Hawaiian Airlines.
Transportation options from the airport include:
- Rental car
- Taxi (Fee is approximately $50 USD)
- Travel time: 35-45 minutes depending on traffic to the resort.
View transportation options from the airport
For assistance with transportation, call (808) 742-1661 or ask our concierge.
Please Note: Estimated charges, fees and schedules are not guaranteed by hotel. Driving distance may be affected by local conditions and traffic.
Directions from Lihue Airport
- Take Highway 50 West through Lihue to Route 520.
- Continue on Route 520 to the town of Koloa.
- Turn right onto Koloa Road.
- Turn left onto Poipu Road.
- Proceed 2 miles to the hotel.
- The hotel will be located on the right.
- Daily self-parking (Cost included in resort fee)
- Valet parking for night of arrival (Cost included in resort fee)
- Additional nights: $10 per vehicle per night